Thursday, February 7, 2013

Our 100 Year Old Lady


So when in Kindergarten, you celebrate achievements.  And making it 100 days in school for the first time every is a huge achievement.  So in our school (that we love so much), the Kindergarten teachers recognize all their students hard work with a PARTY.  But not just any party, a party in which the number 100 is in everything.  Crafts using 100 cheerios, counting games to 100, food like 100 pieces of popcorn... and the best part: dressing up and showing everyone what you think you will look like when you are 100. 

KK had been talking about this day for weeks beforehand.  It wasn't until the day before that I really understood that I needed to have a game plan for how she would get dressed up.  She and I worked for awhile finding just the right old lady dress, borrowing glasses from our sweet friends, finding a string of my pearls and digging through my sock drawer looking for some knee high stockings to complete our outfit.  Here is our little 100 year old lady, isn't she adorable:


 

 
We are rocking the old librarian look!
 
Full body shot of our outfit
 
 
I did her hair in a sock bun - it blew her mind that I used a sock to make her bun.  (Thank you pinterest).  As we looked in the mirror before taking pictures, KK kept saying "I still don't look old yet Mommy".  That's where luck and brains came into play.  I drew some wrinkles around her eyes with my makeup and found baby powder to sprinkle in her hair to make it white.  I'm so proud of me too!



Do note our knee highs, they really give our outfit a final touch!
 
When we arrived at school we were greeted by six classes of Kindergartens that just looked old and creaky.  I will give the other parents credit, everyone got into this.  Boys had mustaches painted on with mascara and old men hats and ties, KK's best friend had rollers in her hair and a bathrobe with slippers... even KK's sweet teacher was dressed up.   Dressed up so well I did not recognize her for a moment. 

 

The 100th day of school was a huge success!  The kids played, crafted, ate and laughed at one another.  It was a party I'd never heard of before but KK ran to the car laughing at the end of the day, showing off all her 100 days crafts she made during the party.
 
 
So there is our little smarty pants: 100 days smarter, 100 days bigger.  I love that she goes to a school that can let them kick back and have some fun while recognizing how hard they work.  Blessed!
 
Sweet Dreams Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment