Sunday, February 24, 2013

Kin's 1st Peas Adventure

As much as I prefer to deny it, our little baby girl is growing up.  She is seven months old already... Wowzers!  As the third baby, let's just say things are a little lax around here (we do ask ourselves some days "when did was last give the baby a bath" - don't worry, she does get regular baths we just forget what day it is). 
 
And as the last baby (sniff sniff) we aren't in any hurry to go through these big milestones.  I already bawled my eyes out when Kin's rolled over for the first time.  My hubby was all excited and I sat down and cried.  My reason:  that was my last first rollover. ever. 
 
So don't be surprised that I waited and didn't even start this baby food attempt with rice cereal until after she was six months old.  Miss Kins was NOT a fan of the rice cereal. She would put up with our efforts for a few bites, but then she would tell us exactly what she thought about all this stuff we were placing into her mouth without a bottle.  So as the third baby, we decided why follow the "rules" and wait to start veggies until she has this cereal thing down.  (Keep in mind these are our "rules" we did with the first two kiddos, not by any means a rule for others).
 
So after only a few weeks of attempts at cereal, we decided to go for it!  The pictures speak volumes.
 
Here is our baby, smiling with no idea what we are about to give her:
 
 
Here is her face as I show her the new color of her food.. she is a smarty pants as she figures out real quick something is up (the cameras in her face might have tipped her off too).

 
Okay first bite - here we go... I am pretty sure she is telling me "okay I trust you lady".

 
I can interpret this for you just in case you don't speak Kins:  "WWWHHHHAAAATTT?????"

 
The only way we are going to get this down is with our fingers helping us....

 
Well a few bites later, and messy (you can't see the peas in her hair but she did put some up there), she appears to be on board with the green stuff.  And she is giving us the "you people are strange face" but the laughs on her.  She hasn't seen nothing yet haha.

 
At least, we thought she was on board until we got this face again.  She was a trooper!  She was the only baby of ours that ate half a jar the first go-round.  The other two weenies stopped at three bites and cried.

 
Hmmm... maybe we like these green smooshy food.

 
So that was the show tonight.  Our video was too long to publish but she was laughing and smiling at us while she ate.  I could say its because she loves peas... but more than likely she just loved all the attention the four of us were giving her.  She is so not spoiled at all (can I please request a sarcasm font?).
 
Sweet dreams until the next big first (for my heart I hope it isn't for awhile yet).  I will say I did manage not to tear up until I saw these pictures.  My last first peas.  (Yes, I will do that for every last first, get used to it.) 
 
G'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment