Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day from my little loves!
 
 
We had a great Valentine's day!  We went to KK's school and partied with her class.  We played bingo with red jelly beans, make Valentine cards and heart-shaped ornaments and decorated Valentine cookies together.
 
AJ hanging at the girls table, he already thinks he's a player at three... oh dear.

KK and a few of her friends being silly during the party - we had lots of fun food.

Another goofy shot, she has such sweet and silly friends.

KK's teacher and sweet Kin's

Now you can't get ready for Valentine's without a box for all your cards and treats.  As a mommy, I didn't realize until this year how much work goes into Valentine's day for mommies and daddies.  Find a shoe box, help decorate it (okay that part is fun to do together with the kids), get valentine cards ready for their classes, pack some treats for the party, put together extra treats or candy to go with your valentine cards, show up to the party and help out.... whew!  I needed a nap after all of it, but it was fun!

Here is Miss KK's box - so cute

And finally I had to get my Valentines together for one (or ten) pictures.  Sweet Kins was a trooper, as it was about this time that she started running a fever and not feeling so good. 

I surprised the kids by hearing the ice cream truck (it's Texas people, do you not see the flip flops we are wearing in February, of course the Ice Cream Truck is making rounds) and chasing them outside to flag said truck down and letting them pick a treat to spoil their dinner.  I shamelessly bribed them to be my Valentines by doing this, I am not afraid to admit it.

 
So there was our crazy Valentine's day!  Pizza for dinner with Daddy and kisses before bed was all we needed to make the day complete. 
 
Hope your day was great too (even for a made up holiday as my hubby calls it)!
Sweet Dreams!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment