Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween Y'all

Happy Halloween from our family to yours!  Our little ones were so excited about today, it has been building for days.  If anyone asked the favorite question "What will you be for Halloween?" cheerful shouts of Rapunzel and Superman would follow.  And why all the excitement?  A year ago, it was for dressing up.  This year there are only one big reason: THE CANDY!

Before I allowed them to knock down doors, we took a few pictures of my beautiful sweet princess and my handsome and strong superhero:



The below one Superman was showing some muscles hehe.  Do you see our awesome pumpkins?  Our daddy did an awesome job again this year.  We have Buzz Lightyear, Polka Dots and Jessie.  They were so cute, especially when they were all lit up at night... those are pictured below.


Here is a video of them talking to me about who they are and KK telling us about what happens tonight:



 Of course, we did our McGuyver move with a box to get a quick family shot:

I have to show off my babies just a little bit more - they were so stinking cute tonight.  My princess with her two foot long wig.  I was so surprised, she wore it all night long without any problems.  We braided it and our cousin gave us a crown to make her look just like our favorite character.


Below, Superman showing me those muscles of his:
You need a shot of the cape from behind.  It was cute, AJ would run with is fist clenched and up in front of him, in true superhero style!
 
Daddy's pumpkins - he was so proud (us too)


Each year, before going off to trick or treat, we gather with my bible study ladies and their families, as well as other neighbors to have dinner and to swap treats. Here are a few pictures we got with our friends:






So after we hugged our friends, got our treats, handed out the treat bags that KK and Mommy made for everyone - it was time to head off.  This is when we ran into a bit of a funny story.  Just AJ's luck, the first house he walks up to by himself with his Sissy, and who answers but Wolf Man.  Both kids jump back a little bit... and then AJ decides he has seen enough and before he can get candy he runs away screaming "He scared".  I have the video of it, so fun:



Well Wolf Man went trick o' treating right after we left, and he just so happened to come up to the same houses that AJ was at. AJ began demanding that Mommy or Daddy "holda me" at all the houses and would keep looking around asking if "dat mean Wolf chasin me". It was so cute. Lucky for us, Wolf Man went a different way and we didn't see him again.


Here is the last shot - the bags of candy that we so don't need.  My princess and superhero are sleeping soundly in their beds, and I hope to be doing the same soon.  More blogs coming soon about TCU Football, Fall Crafts we have been doing, KK's soccer games... I am behind but we will catch up soon.  Sweet dreams everyone!  Brush your teeth tonight!



No comments:

Post a Comment