Sunday, October 9, 2011

First day of Fall Y'all!

We were so excited last night as we watched the dark clouds roll in and heard the sound of raindrops hitting the roof... it was, what?  six months since our last real rain?  Wow, it was great.  Even better: a beautiful dark and rainy morning to sleep in and snuggle with one another.  No soccer practice, no birthday parties, no TCU football tailgating or game.  Not that we don't love all that, but we needed a day off.  A day to ourselves to slow down and just have some time at home.  After snuggles, the kids and I decided to embrace the fall day and make pumpkin pie muffins (thanks pinterest, I am addicted)!

Here is a shot of my babies ready to help and help they did!

The result of our hard work: fun little acorn shaped pumpkin muffins!


And they were tasty.  Before AJ even tasted it, he told us that they were Yummy!


Now we couldn't just eat all these ourselves - such cute muffins were made to be shared with neighbors!  So we put them in bags, tied on a cute bow to make it festive, and then we went on a walk (the rain stopped for us) to enjoy the cool weather and say hello to some of our favorite people.


AJ was super excited, as you can see, to bring his muffins.  Also, note the shirt.  Little man has a new obsession in clothes: Superman.  He won't take it off, its day 3 and I am going to have to wash it during bath time tonight so its ready to sleep in :-)


We didn't just bake today... KK and I had a little adventure to Michael's and we found some cute things for the house to go along with the "fall" theme we were feeling all day long.  Our favorite find for 50% off:

Admit it - its cute!  I do say this out loud in a high pitched/ruby red shoes/flying monkey kind of way.  You just gotta.  KK also picked out a new scarecrow for the house (a girl one):


The pumpkins there will be carved soon - once the rain stops and Daddy is ready for some fun... more on that later.  I ended the day with yet another pinterest recipe:  Honeycrisp Apple Sangria.  Can I say yummy?  Its a white sangria, but it was still very tasty with a cinnamon sugar ring and some apples and oranges to garnish.  Look at us actually doing more than pinning on pinterest!  I feel like I accomplished so much (I know I didn't, but let me dream for the night).  And what is better than a glass of sangria I made?


Another one to share with my hubby as we settle down for the night and relax with the door open, enjoying the nice cool evening... we love fall!!!


Sweet dreams Y'all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment