Friday, July 22, 2011

Bye Bye Beach Bum

So today we said goodbye to sweet AJ's long locks of hair! Until this afternoon, our theme song when brushing AJ's hair was Justin Bieber's classic "Oh Baby Baby Baby Oh"... and AJ sings along with us. Here is the final shot of my beautiful, blue-eyed baby boy - looking way way way too big all of a sudden:



Isn't he the most adorable little boy on the planet? the universe? I am biased, but this little man is going to make girl's hearts skip a beat (I mean mine already does when he enters the room).

So why did we do it? Maybe it was the summer heat... we aren't sure, but suddenly we asked little man if he wanted hair that looked like Daddy. He immediately agreed, and went so far to say he wanted to look like Dylan too (the friend he looks up to at daycare and loves so much). Here is our "before" picture taken a few weeks ago - long locks and all...



So before I could chicken out, as I love our Bieber look on him so much... love running my fingers through his hair... love watching him put in bows and ask for a ponytail some mornings (he is a little kid, its cute for now). We did it! AJ was pumped - and all smiles. Here are some pictures and a video of the event.




Ignore my talking on the video -- the women cutting KK's hair was trying to sell me some expensive shampoo as I was taping... irritating. KK and I played beauty parlor during naptime today and she put some "extra" leave in conditioner in her hair to make her pretty. I had no idea it would lead to a lecture but it did. Anyway - ignore and focus on the little man and all that hair falling off wow! I promise - my kiddos bathe and shampoo deeply each night :-)



KK & AJ after their haircuts:



KK cut hers shorter too - she wanted an even shorter "do" so she looks even more like Ramona (Ramona & Beezus is our absolute fav movie ever right now - her and her cousin play for hours pretending to be Ramona & Beezus...). She looks so beautiful with her hair. More pictures coming later, she preferred to wait and dress up a little bit and have some jewelry before she took more pictures (sigh, I love that little girl ~ always looking for a chance to dress it up and put on some glamour hehe).



His favorite part of the day after his new "do" was showing Daddy. We teased him all night, who are you and where is AJ? He laughed and said "I AJ"... sweet boy.



You are more handsome than I even thought possible, but could you please please please just stop getting so big on me so fast? Love, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment