Friday, October 17, 2014

Spider Hats and Perspective

So I have this awesome job that is part time. It allows me to take my big kids to school and drop them off each morning, and then turn around and pick them up the moment the bell rings to dismiss them.  And sure, there are days I hate that part time job.  And I get to school all cranky and irritated and something that happened at work... like today.
 
And then something amazing happens.  The bell rings and these little tiny people come running out of the doors with more energy than Olympian's at the Olympics. Bouncing and screaming and laughing as they run up to us parents...
 
And today, when I was cranky and irritated, this guy comes running up to me.  And he just stops and smiles... wearing his spider hat that he made today in class.  And he is so proud of it... and he doesn't care that not one other kid in his class is wearing their hat home.
 
And because of all that, this boy made my day all better.  Because you just can't be cranky with this little face smiling up at you, waiting for praise over his spider hat that he is so proud of he can't contain his smile.
 

 
And then I love that I have a part time job that allows me to be there and do my real full time job: being a Mommy who ohhhs and aahhhhhs over a spider hat as we head home for a snack together.
 
Sweet Dreams Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment