Monday, October 27, 2014

Red Ribbon Week

This week was Red Ribbon week at school!  Say no to drugs! 
 
And I will just note that I kind of didn't write this post until weeks later... so the official daily slogan's below are sort of made up by me.  Yup, I am totally ruining childhood memories and making my own here.  Oh wait, this happens every fall, maybe next year I will get it together and post this on time (insert evil giggling here, because let's face it: life isn't going to calm down for many years in this house). 
 
Monday: Say No to Drugs, Be on a Team
 
KK and AJ decided to wear soccer jerseys as we love our soccer!
 
Tuesday: Crazy Hair Day to "keep drugs out of our hair"

We went to school with some cray cray hair today!

AJ wasn't so sure about this being crazy enough.  I explained we are limited with his short hair.  He explained that we could have colored it like other kids did.  I explained that one of us should have thought of that a tad sooner to pull that off.  He rolled his eyes at me, I kissed him in front of his whole class.  That's right mister, don't mess with mommy.  I will embarrass you :-)

KK looks a little wild with her hair!


Moments before the sassy talk and embarrassing kiss hehehehehe!
 
Wednesday:  Mismatch Day

This was by far the most exciting day for both kids.  Who knew more planning went into mismatching versus the actually matching we attempt daily (well we being me and KK, AJ has a very different view on what "matches").  We are mismatched from the tops of our heads to the bottom of our toes!

They were so crazy, kids were complimenting them at drop off.
 
Thursday: Crazy Sock Day

So Thursday was a bit of a bust for AJ, who felt that silly socks for more for girls because boys just don't have silly socks.  While he did have two different socks on his feet, he refused to take a picture as he didn't think this was quite as much fun as KK.  Like I said, more thought went into our socks today than any other day of our lives.
 
Friday: Dress up for Good Character
 
So Friday was "dress up as someone showing good character" or something like that.  KK dressed like a witch for school in line with her favorite Halloween book "Room on the Broom". 

Kins dressed up like a CUTE little Pumpkin!

And AJ dressed up as a Power Ranger!

What Up Boyz!

And one for Mommy without the mask so I can see his cute little face.
 
At school, kindergarten and 1st grade get to parade through the school to show off their books and costumes.  AJ was ready to go with his Power Ranger book:


There he was - so handsome parading by with his cute little class!

While 2nd grade and up don't parade around, they do dress up with their books too.  I found a cheerleader, Cat in the Hat and my witch hanging out watching the fun!

And that was red ribbon week! 
 
Stay tuned for our next post about our Trick or Treating adventures that will happen tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment