Friday, May 25, 2012

KK Graduates from Pre-K

Here she is... my "baby" girl.  All dressed up in a cap and gown graduating from preschool.  We are so very proud of our KK.  She loves going to school, being with her friends and learning from her teacher.  She thinks learning and school are fun and exciting, and I pray that she keeps that love for both the rest of her life.  She was so excited to graduate.  When I told her she would be walking across the stage in cap and gown, she exclaimed "like High School Musical"!  I am still laughing about how cute she is ~ I am sure if they let her, she would have broken into song at the program about how they are "all in this together"!


For most parents this ceremony probably isn't that emotional. I mean it is a wonderful chance to celebrate just how much they learned in the last year - and wow have they learned a lot.  They are learning phonics and counting that I didn't learn until 1st or 2nd grade.

But for me, her six months pregnant mommy, this was slightly more emotional than that.  This is the end of last five years in which I was her biggest teacher, her best play mate.  We got to spend our days together doing whatever we liked, on whatever schedule we liked.  A picnic at the park, a day at the zoo - whatever we decided we could pack up and go or stay in and snuggle with a movie or some books.  Sure preschool meant some schedules and structure, but I know it is nothing compared to next fall when we are at the mercy of a school schedule that takes her five days a week.  So while my heart was bursting with pride at all she has learned thus far in her two years at preschool, my hormones were also making me a tad watery and dare I say overly emotional.  It sure doesn't help that she is my first baby to head towards Kindergarten...



Here is KK with her class - each class went through a few activities to show us all they have learned over the past year.  From vowel sounds to reading and writing full sentences, these kids have been busy and amazed us all with how much they have learned.  A friend told me they will be reading by the end of Kindergarten, and that doesn't surprise me after seeing all they already know.  Way to go!  (Yes, her dad and I already realized that at this rate of learning, she will officially be smarter than us in about ten years, masters degree be darned).


Here is a shot of KK's class on stage - they did a cute song about "kindergarten here we come, we know we'll have lots of fun"! It was adorable.



KK leaving the stage with a wave to us (AJ and our cousin were sitting in the aisle with Mommy watching the performance and cheering her on - she was so excited to see us).  After the exit - they changed into cap and gowns for the official graduation ceremony:

 
Walking down the aisle - so sweet!

Here is our graduate!!!


Crossing the stage the teacher read off what KK wanted to be when she grows up: A girl scout!  We had a great laugh at that one, as she has never mentioned it to us.  But what a great dream.  She also said she hopes to learn how to read big books in Kindergarten next year.  I am sure that is a goal she will reach in no time :-)

Getting our diploma from our teacher

And that's it - we are officially on our way to Kindergarten!!!

Of course we celebrated with cookies and punch and took pictures with our sweet family and best friends!




My favorite picture is our family with the graduate - yes AJ is eating a cookie but he is doing it in happiness for her.


KK with Ms. K - she is the most amazing and sweetest teacher.  We wish we could keep her for next year!

  And a final picture with our friend KJ - congrats to him as well!  Can you believe these cuties are on their way to school?  Watch out world, here they come.  God, watch our babies as they grow up just a little bit more next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment