Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!  It was a special Mother's day for me, as I got to spend it with my mom and sister.  And the prego mommy that I am, I was super excited to eat a Cracker Barrel for brunch (two things that Greg hates, Cracker Barrel and brunches, means this was indeed a special day for me)!  But enough about the yummy french toast I had (it was yum), we decided that while we waited for our names to be called we would take a few family pictures... cause we never do that right?  hehe!








Why are these two ding dongs always cracking up in pictures?  Gotta love them!

Here we go, they pulled themselves together :-)

My sis and Ida


Of course baby "Trace" had to be pictured so we could show just how big she is getting these days.  It was an extra special mother's day as now I get to be the Mommy of three special angels.  Blessed barely seems to cover it, but I will take it.  The kids gave me lots of hugs and kisses all day to celebrate.  While they didn't totally get the concept of Mother's Day, they were all about extra snuggles with me.  And I was all about a me day in which I didn't feel too guilty if I had to say "go ask your Daddy".  Daddy was above par today - despite our hectic week and road trip, he managed to sneak up cards from him and the kids, plus an adorable pair of flip flops I had been wanting.  I didn't even notice them in the car - he did great and I was very surprised and touched.  Love you babe!

Another shot of the belly

So after our big brunch, we decided to go to the park to work off some of that bacon and enjoy the spring day just once more before heading back home.  I was laughing as I went through these pictures, so I decided to share.  As most of you with multiple kiddos under the age of five know, snapping a picture of the kids together isn't as easy as it sounds.  Even with a high speed camera like we have, we find we have about ten shots taken for every one that turns out (at the minimum).  Some of these were just comical.  And I will point out: its what happens when you add one tooty little boy to the shot.  The proof is as follows:

He refused to show his face in the picture at first

Then Ida decides its Chipmunk time

After that, its all over... we need to regroup

GOT IT!  How cute they are (after 12 shots and a lot of giggles with each other)


We made the mistake again of adding a certain little boy to a pose... Yes, in picture number 2, after causing mass chaos and laughter, Daddy had to go in and pull him out by the seat of his pants so we could at least get one shot with the girls... boys are TOOTS :-)  but they sure do make us smile.




So there you have it - it was a great day overall and we had a lot of laughs along the way (plus did I mention the french toast and bacon?)... All kidding aside, it was nice to spend the day with my family and I know the kids had a blast together.  As I said before, blessed barely seems to cover it.  I try to remember daily to thank God for these three little toots that I get to call my own.  Motherhood is the hardest thing I have ever done, I am fairly sure there are days that I stink at it and fail, but I wouldn't give it up for the world!  Thank you to my sweet hubby who gave me these gifts and is right there next to me every day (hormones and all hehe)!


No comments:

Post a Comment