Saturday, August 6, 2011

Spray Park Playdate

Nothing beats the heat like having a playdate with some amazing friends at the spray park! So it only took us two months to get to this playdate ~ the wait was worth it, as we had more fun than I can put into words! But I will try...

First let me just show you a picture that shows you our joy: our friends Team L taking a quick photo with us during our date:



Why are we cheering? Because we get to spend the day with some of the greatest friends ever, and we get to do it while splashing in the water! Our morning was filled with water gun fights (where Mom's appeared to be the big targets hit), buckets of water being dumped on toes, a relay race and lots of laughs. Here are some fun pictures I attempted to take of everyone. It wasn't easy getting anyone to stop playing to pose for a picture, and I can't blame them for that. (Sweet AB, I hugged you, we played, and yet I didn't get you in a separate picture - watch out I will fix that the minute we play together again mister)!

Left: AJ was unstoppable - he ran around and around laughing and getting soaked. He was completely okay flying solo and just playing like a wild man. Right: KK and the boys dancing in and out of the water. They had some moves!



Left: KK and KJ - friends forever and not afraid to hug and show it. So sweet! Right: I asked KJ to pose for me, he immediately knew that I must have meant, show me your muscles!



Left: C-bug. Need I say more? He was sweet enough to stop drilling the other kids and smile for my picture. Sigh... he has a special place in my heart (so does the rest of Team L shush)! Right: ABL and Princess Lou. Ahh Lou, you made my morning! I loved getting to hold you and obey your whispered commands. Sure you could fill up your bucket, but we wouldn't want the princess getting wet :-) Sweet girl, thank you for letting me play with you!



Left: Oh KK, the joy in her heart was hard to contain this morning. Aside from silly dances, we also did some silly things with our buckets... you made us laugh sweetie! Right: I told you they weren't afraid to hug it out - KK and KJ hugging again :-)



Our relay race: This is complete ABL's idea and what a great one it was! Who knew how long this game would last, chasing the ever-moving water around and trying to tag team and fill up a big bucket of water. And what was the prize when we finished? Dumping it out and starting over of course! We had so much fun, a sweet little friend nearby joined us. That's what I call being the life of the party (or park I should say)!



More pictures to share: Baby B hanging out in his stroller. If anyone loves food more, I have yet to see it. The pizza and apples definitely made his day. Right: CB and KK having some girl time together. Such cute girls!



Now did you know that little AJ is a ladies man? Who knew right? Well these pictures speak volumes. AJ and Libby found themselves together on the rock wall and we asked for a picture. Little did we know that AJ's ladies man smile even existed... but one girl wasn't enough... he went on to get a picture with three girls. I think little man's smile tells you just how hot he thinks he is. I couldn't agree more. I did remind him that he is marrying his mommy, just so he wouldn't get any ideas :-) And I am laughing as I see Princess Lou was not very thrilled about the extra girls around... oh dear!



Thank you Team L for a wonderful morning!!! We feel so very blessed to have such amazing friends to be growing up with and sharing with ~ we cannot wait to do this again soon! Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment