Saturday, August 27, 2011

Blessed by Friends.... everyday

I say it on here all the time, but let's say it again for old times sake: We are always so amazed at the wonderful friends we share our lives with here in Tejas! We thank God daily for the gifts of friendship He has placed in our lives. We really feel like we are surrounded by extended family, and words just don't seem big enough to explain how it feels for us. Blessed! That's all I can say.

I should dedicate a blog with pics of all our many friends, but today we will just hold back and show Team L and Team S and how we got to spend one of our precious final days of summer at the pool with some of our sweet friends. We wanted to share with them the wonder we get to play in almost every day in the summer: our pool paradise with six pools to play in. The kids seemed to enjoy it - they were pretty in awe for the first few minutes, but after that it was on and some big playing began. Beware, this is mostly a picture blog... to put it in words - We had a BLAST!

But before we begin that, we also got to hang out earlier this week for meet the teacher at our preschool... seven blonde babies all dressed up - you have to take a picture! We got to meet up for dinner so we could catch up and chat before going up to school. And of course, with our mommies, we had to take some pictures:






Aren't they all so sweet? WE LOVE YOU GUYS!

And now on to our pool adventures today!

Below: C-bug, KK and KJ at the pool. The big hit of the day is a toss between the bucket pool and the slides. I mean, water splashing down from a big bucket while you run around and slide? And the slides were great too. My fav part: KJ trying to convince his mom that he could in fact do the slide alone and could swim by himself through sheer willpower. So sweet and so funny! Love that spunk buddy!



KJ and C-bug smiling after a full morning of pool jumping (you could never tell that I forced them to stop playing for the shot hehe).



KK was so excited when Kenz made it to the pool! This was the only pic we got sadly as she was delayed spending some much needed time with her grandparents - we will work on more that we took at our playdate at home yesterday (another blog I promise).

Our picnic at the pool! Watch out, these kids worked up an appetite:


Ahhh, AJ and Princess Lou... we love putting these two together. I love these smiles. Lou was so happy to hold AJ's hand for a picture. And don't let his half smile fool you, he was just as happy :-)





You have to love how delicate Lou is - I know I do! I am starting to think she has my number, as I do bow to see to her every Princess need when we have a playdate... here is a cute shot of her mommy and her smiling it up when they arrived at the bucket.



Here is when her mommy sent her down with KK on the slide (maybe before asking her if she was okay with it, maybe)



And here is Lou telling us exactly what she thinks about such trickery! I'm sorry, it makes me laugh (I only laugh as I know she was perfectly fine and I also laugh as this picture pretty much shares how impossible it is to get five kids to smile when they could be swimming instead, but at least we tried)!



Last but not least, AJ hanging in the pool. The smile says it all: it was a great afternoon!



So thank you again Team L for coming to play and thank you Team S for planning it with me. I'm only sad that you couldn't have been there longer. We will have to do it again next summer. We love you all!

Sweet dreams ~ Team F

No comments:

Post a Comment