Friday, July 19, 2013

My Birthday Party

So when you are facing major surgery in a few days, the last thing you want to do is celebrate or go out for your birthday.  Not that turning 29 (for the one, two... wait 4th time?) isn't special.  But I honestly was just too overwhelmed with my baby turning one the next day, followed by the first major medical procedure of my life. 
 
But if you have a BFF who refuses to take no for an answer (because she loves you that much and knows when to push and what you need), then you get a mini party at your house.  And it was exactly what I needed!  Just our family and our BFF's, in our home in our comfy clothes, with a few gifts and most importantly CHOCOLATE!
 
We were makeup free for this shin dig!  Just the way we roll!

Playing on the floor while chatting it up with friends was just what the doctor ordered :-)

My favorite shot - our family!  To the kids, this "party" was a must.  Who doesn't love to have a birthday?  I love seeing the world from their eyes, it was just the perspective I needed.

Baby Kins was ready for some singing!

The birthday girls!  As AJ put it, Baby Kins was my present last year for my birthday.  She sure was buddy!


Surrounded by family and chocolate - all the things I love. 
And yes, that is a blow up light saber... go with it!  It was a par-tay after all!
 

And then I got presents too!  The kids of course had to help me!  Daddy and KK kicked it out of the park with a Vera Bradley wallet that I had been eyeing.

My BFF - I don't have the words for how much I love her!  And I will not use numbers to point out just how many birthdays we have been together for, but I do know that we have celebrated every single one from then until now together.  Wow!  Blessed!

I really don't have words for this picture either sadly... I am laughing at these faces!  I believe Mr. C was about ready to call it a night (party pooper) and Baby Kins sitting near him was just too much.

As you can see, Baby Kins isn't sure what to do.  LOL - we cannot get a picture of the two of them both smiling to save our lives.  Oh well, we will keep trying!
 
All in all it was a great evening!  We made some salted caramel fudge brownies to which all I can say is YUM!  The girls definitely had seconds (and maybe thirds, it was my birthday after all). 
 
Sweet dreams, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment