Wednesday, March 23, 2011

AJ's 2nd Birthday

Happy 2nd Birthday my sweet AJ!

How is it possible that you are already two years old? You have grown so much in so many ways this past year. Before I start with that, let me just share my favorite picture of you. While it hurt to cut those baby curls of hair, your new Justin Bieber look makes you look even more adorable, who knew?



If you were a part of our small guest list for AJ's birthday party, then you received an invitation with that smiling face on it. We presented AJ with his birthday boy outfit and were immediately met with "I wear dat, I wear dat". He loved having such a cool shirt. So we thought, lets go outside and see if we can get at least one picture. Little did we know that our little "Bieber" was all about posing like a big boy with his baby blue eyes and toothy little smile. So adorable! Here are a few more outtakes from our impromptu photo shoot in our yard. Even KK joined in:


Its hard to know where to begin with my little man. It just doesn't seem that long ago that you were this tiny little bundle, so quiet and content to sit back and watch. Those days are gone. Your are small but your personality is mighty AJ! We never have a doubt about what you are thinking or feeling. Getting to watch you learn to talk is so much fun, I wish there was a way to capture you as you hear something and immediately repeat it. Usually as a question to me followed by a quick little smile to show me you know how awesome you are at learning things.

Thank you KK, as you teach AJ the joys of singing. My favorite, hearing AJ singing "Oh Baby baby baby oooohhhh" while playing in the playroom alone. And yes, sometimes you hit that high note and only dogs can hear you. When you were a baby, the nurses were shocked at how loud and high you would scream/cry. It seems that this has transcended your singing little man....

While you are the little brother, you make sure KK knows she can't push you around. More times than not, you push back or push first... but I am so thankful that you and your sissy love each other so very much and don't fight often. Your favorite time is time spent playing together, usually in KK's room playing Barbie or dress-up (that is after playing any kind of ball or lining up your matchbox cars over and over again or playing trains - all things you can do for hours on end). Listening to you and KK talking to one another, such fun little conversations between brother and sister that Daddy and I love to listen to when you think we aren't around... it warms my heart more than I can explain. Some of those conversations drive us a little crazy or to uncontrollable laughter. AJ, you are quite the contrary little man. If KK looks out and says its very sunny today, you will undoubtedly respond immediately with "It's not sunny". You love to rile her up and it doesn't take you long to do it.

Soccer is still your favorite game ever. There are still days in which only clothes with soccer on it will do. But we have branched out. We now have a Mav's jersey and shorts that you refuse to take off. You have come home some many times covered with sand and dirt, and while Mommy tries to bath you and put clean PJ's on, you demand ever so forcefully to wear that dirty "baskball" shirt to bed and again the next morning. Convincing you to do something you don't want to do is such a challenge. You are such a stubborn boy sometimes, but I say that with nothing but love as I only have to look in the mirror to see who taught you that. There are times I laugh as I have no idea what else to do with you. Like when you were in time out for throwing something at your sister. You sat there, looking so defiant and when I made you chose between more time out or saying sorry, you immediately sat back down in that time out chair and didn't crack a smile. I had to leave the room I was laughing so hard. Oh sweet AJ, you bring such joy to our lives, even when we don't expect it.

Sorry for the rambling... part of me is trying to write down these moments and memories as they will be gone soon. I will focus now on your big day! You were all smiles, loving every minute. Of course we wore our birthday boy shirt. Mommy made, per your adamant request, a soccer ball cake! Thomas the train and McQueen were they decorates, again per your request and who can blame you - why pick only one of your best friends?



As tradition in our home - the day was celebrated with our cousins in style: pizza, cake and presents! The cake was a big hit and the night was perfect. The kids had fun together!



Of course everyone joined in to blow out the candle!


Before presents were finished, the kids discovered that all they need is tissue paper to party




AJ was given so many wonderful gifts from our families. They were all perfect for AJ, Thomas and McQueen were the theme for gifts and everything had to be inspected and played with before opening the next gift.



So Happy 2nd Birthday my sweet AJ! Daddy, KK and I have been so blessed by you ~ we love you so much! We can't wait to see what tomorrow brings with you :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment